State Report Links
State Report Resources Newly Added
Samples of Web Reports
State Cartoons to copy and use in the report, Power Point and web
|There are several parts to the
Project for 5th Grade. These activities will take a great deal of
work, so we will give students several months. Whenever there is
not enough homework on any given night, then work on the project.
The following are the various parts of this project.
1. Write to the state tourism office to request information, broucheres and a map of the state.
1a. Get an overview of your state by doing a State Webquest
2. Do a web search for resources and turn in a list of those resources to the teacher. Also, submit a bibliography of book sources.
3. Make an outline of main topics for the research paper (See the end of the state articles in World Book Encyclopedia for your state).
4. Submit a "basic facts" table with the most up-to-date information possible (check an almanac or www.infoplease.com).
5. Design a bar, line, circle or
for any 2 of the following topics -- ethnic groups in the
economic activity, rural vs. urban population, major products, rainfall
totals, temperature or any other area approved by the teacher. To make
a graph, go to:
6. Written report of at least 8 handwritten or 4 typed (double-spaced) pages. State Report Template Sample
7. Tri-fold color brochure that you have created to inform others about the state made in pen or on MS word with pictures.
8. Two different types of maps (political, physical, landform relief, product/manufacturing, population density, etc) hand drawn or molded in clay by student.
10. A one page web site about your state, based on the teacher-made template. Include pictures, state song (as background music on midi file),the basic facts in a table or chart, a 1-3 paragraph description of the state plus links which MUST include the following:
Possible Extra Credit Mini-Project
11.State Float, displaying symbols of the state.
12.Oral presentation of your state with the Power Point.
13. Essay on what you have learned by doing these projects.
14. Alternate Plan: A state
of state symbols.
Use these to copy and use in the report, Power Point and web page.
Created by Mr. Curry with Print Shop.
Designed by RDCurry, Copyright 2014. All images and ideas are just waiting for you to use, so go right ahead!